Celebrating Parent Appreciation Day With 10 Reasons Why Parents Are So Important
Parent Appreciation Day is right around the corner (July 24th), but we don’t want to wait another minute to start celebrating our amazing PTN parents! All the parents we work with are so special, and we appreciate the opportunity to work with each of your families. You make our jobs so much easier, and the way that you support your children is so inspiring.
This year to celebrate this amazing day, we wanted to share why parents are so important (especially parents of children with special needs). Though we can think of hundreds of reasons, we wanted to keep it short and sweet and share our top 10.
- Caring: Our PTN parents have such kind hearts and are incredibly caring. We see how much you deeply care about your little ones and want them to be the best they can be. Your sincerity and kindness are something that your children will never forget.
- Supportive: You show up daily for your children and support their development journey. You are constantly helping them improve their skills and are their emotional support system. Our team also appreciates the support you give us during each therapy session. We couldn’t do it without you!
- Loving: The love a parent has for their children is unmatched. We can tell how much you love and care for your little ones, and your love is something that your children will cherish for the rest of their lives.
- Fun: So many of our PTN parents enjoy getting involved in their child’s therapy sessions, which is something so special. You get to have fun with your little one while also helping them learn and grow in the process. The best part is that you can continue the fun with your children while working on their therapy at home.
- Helpful: All of our PTN parents are extremely helpful. You’re constantly helping your little ones with their needs and helping to develop their skills with at-home therapy activities. Our team also appreciates that you help us get to know your little ones better during each therapy session.
- Inspiring: Parents are genuinely so inspiring. You inspire your children every day, and they are always looking up to you. You also inspire our PTN team. Parents have to juggle so many things in life, and you all somehow make it look so easy.
- Patient: Parents are there to support their children during their learning and development journey, which can sometimes take patience. It’s important to remember that each child is going to learn and grow at their own pace, and that’s okay! With your patience and support, your little ones will do amazing things.
- Funny: Being able to show your goofy side around your little ones is something so special. There are so many awesome activities that allow you to be silly with one another and work on your child’s skills at the same time. So, never stop being funny and goofy with your children. These memories are something that your children will never forget.
- Thoughtful: Our PTN parents are so thoughtful and are always looking for ways to continue helping their little ones work on their skills. You are selfless and are always thinking of the needs and well-being of others. Your thoughtfulness is a trait that we really admire.
- The Best: PTN parents are the best. You help your little ones grow big and strong, fix their owies, wipe away their tears, make them laugh, and comfort them in times of need. You’re their biggest cheerleader no matter what and are always there for them. We genuinely thank you for always welcoming us into your homes and for being such a great support system. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Be sure to keep an eye on our social media (Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest) all month long as we continue to show our appreciation for all of our incredible PTN parents. We’ll also be sharing helpful tips, resources, activities, and more! Please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time to discuss if your child would benefit from pediatric therapy. Our team is here to support you and your child in any way we can.